Customer furniture pick up of merchandise at our American Furniture Warehouse docks allows you to purchase and bring home your new furniture on the same day on many of our in stock products! You can either shop in any of our 14 stores or online at our website, scheduling your furniture pick up in store. Using these six important customer furniture pick up tips will help make your next purchase and customer pick up from American Furniture Warehouse a positive experience.
6 tips for your next customer furniture pick up
- Most furniture will require some assembly. Hardware for assembly may be packaged in separate cartons or underneath packing material. Read assembly instructions carefully and make sure that all hardware and parts are accounted for before throwing away boxes or packaging.
- Take care when opening all packages. Boxes should be opened at the seams or flaps and never cut down the center. Sofa and mattress bags should be opened on the ends or seams.
- Do not use power tools for assembly. Over-tightening of bolts and screws can split wood, strip metal inserts and cause other damage to furniture.
- TVs must be kept upright during transit. TVs are inspected on the dock before loading into your vehicle. Laying the box on its side may cause damage. AFW will not be responsible for damage to TVs once they leave our dock.
- Do not force furniture through doorways or down stairs. Most damage on furniture happens this way. Measure carefully before moving furniture or mattresses into your home.
- If you get to the dock and find out your items will not all fit in your vehicle, remember we do rent pickups and vans.
If you would prefer to have all your pieces delivered and set up in your home, our delivery charges are very reasonable. We have professionally trained delivery drivers who know how to handle and deliver furniture into tough places.We hope this information will help you with your purchase decision.